Supplying natural gas and greener electricity to over 300,000 Northern Irish homes and businesses
We’re Northern Ireland’s second largest energy provider, supplying natural gas and greener electricity to over 300,000 Northern Irish homes and businesses. We’re proud to make a difference across Northern Ireland.
We’re owned by SSE plc, the broadest-based energy utility in the UK, with interests and experience in electricity and gas production, distribution, supply and services. A Top 40 FTSE-listed company, SSE plc:
- We’re bringing great savings to Northern Irish energy consumers – since we entered the domestic electricity market in 2010 we’ve delivered customer savings of around £17 million so far to our 185,000 electricity customers;
- We’re Northern Ireland’s number 1 provider of cleaner, greener energy – we provide more renewable electricity to home energy customers than any other supplier, and we supply 100% green energy to our business energy customers;
- We’ve invested half a billion pounds since 2008 in the development of Northern Ireland’s sustainable energy infrastructure, and we’re committed to investing a further half a billion pounds over the next 5 years to meet Northern Ireland’s renewable energy targets;
- We’re generating 88MW of renewable energy powering 75,000 homes with a further pipeline of 166MW of new wind farms that we’re planning;
- We’ve broadened our operations to enter the energy services market providing expert gas boiler servicing, repair and installation solutions to all domestic and commercial customers;
- We’ve created 100 direct and 120 indirect full time roles so far through the growth of our business. Additionally we’ve created and sustained hundreds of local jobs through the construction of our development portfolio of wind farms;
- We’re proud to support local enterprise including small local family-owned firms, sole-traders, specialist engineering and environmental enterprises in the development and construction of our new wind farms;
- We’ve invested over £500,000 so far into local communities around our wind farms from our community funds, supporting over 250 projects that are transforming schools, communities and sports clubs around our wind farms.