Published by Anthony McNamee on 26th April 2018.
To help raise funds for hosting the Féile Peile na nÓg Weekend at the end of June, the club is hosting a Last Man Standing competition.
- Entry fee is £10 and must be paid in advance of round 1.
- 50% of all entry fees will be paid as a prize to the “Last Man Standing”.
- Fixtures in Down ACFL I will be used for the competition.
- Round 1 commences on Friday 11th May.
How to Get Involved
You will need to see Shane Mulholland to enter, or manage to get a tenner his way anyhow, and then each week contact him before 1pm on the Friday:
- Each week you “pick” one team from Down ACFL I to win a game.
- You cannot make the same pick twice in the competition i.e. if you choose Ballyholland in round 1, you cannot choose Ballyholland again.
- If your pick wins, you go through to the next round. If your pick draws or loses, you are out.
- When we have only one competitor left, they’re declared the champion.
Nitty Gritty Rules
- Should we not end up with a Last Man Standing e.g. if the 6 remaining competitors all fall in the same round, all competitors for that round will be re-entered into the next round.
- You must have your pick with the organisers by 1.00pm on the Friday of any given round.
- If you do not provide your pick before that time, you will be automatically assigned the next team alphabetically who you have not previously picked.
- If your chosen pick has had their fixture re-organised for earlier in the week, you will be automatically assigned the next team alphabetically who you have not previously picked.
- If your chosen pick has their fixture postponed:
- Should the fixture be played before the next round, your pick will be retained.
- Otherwise, you will be automatically assigned the next team alphabetically who you have not previously picked.
- In any given round, if 3 or more of the fixtures that week are postponed, we cancel the round and move forward, and all competitors move forward to the following week.
- Should the competition exceed 12 rounds (i.e. any remaining competitors have already picked each ACFL I team), those remaining competitors will start again in ACFL II.
Team Name Order
Obviously a few clubs in Down go by a few names (CPN -> Warrenpoint, RGU -> Downpatrick). We will follow this order in event of you not entering your pick in time.
- An Riocht