Delivering a website that is fit for the club we have become.
Published by Anthony McNamee on 23rd December 2015.
It’s been a while coming, but finally we’ve relaunched a brand new Ballyholland.org.
Given the lack of maintenance since 2008, which saw it effectively close since 2010, it’s often difficult to remember that once upon a time we were regarded among the pioneering club websites in the country.
The intention of this redesign is firmly restore ourselves in that position.
Some of the key features for the new website include:
- Every team in the club, across both codes, will have their own homepage, featuring their own news, galleries, events, sponsors, fixtures, results and match reports.
- A WordPress-based content management system that will allow dozens of members to provide stories, match reports and profiles.
- A commenting system that allows (approved) members to share their thoughts.
- An extended gallery system, plus integration with Twitter and YouTube.
- An emphasis on rewarding our sponsors, and profiling the people who make the club tick over.
- And most importantly, it is fully responsive to work equally as well from small phone to large desktops.
Please be patient while the content team gathers together a mix of stories and match reports old and new, over the winter months.
Over the next few months more functionality will be added. If you’ve any ideas, or thoughts or feedback, please give Anthony McNamee a shout.